- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds announce rescheduled Scottish gig
- Listen: The Strokes share new song Brooklyn Bridge To Chorus
- Edinburgh festivals cancelled due to coronavirus
- Jarvis Cocker delays release of new album and UK tour - see rescheduled dates here
- Listen: Bright Eyes share comeback single, Persona Non Grata
Scottish synth-pop trio Chvrches have shared new track Death Stranding — and it’s our Hottest Record Of The Week.
The Lauren Mayberry-fronted group debuted the track on The Late Late Show With James Corden.
The song is for Hideo Kojima’s new game, also titled Death Stranding, and Chvrches band member Iain Cook has revealed to the BBC that the famed video game designer said it “made him cry”.
Fellow band member Martin Doherty added: “He wanted us to go and write a song in our style, something that’s a quintessential Chvrches song.
“Lauren worked on the theme lyrically, I think expertly, because it stands alone as a Chvrches record – but it is also deeply connected to the game.”
Death Stranding will be the band’s final release of 2019 – but a new album could be released next year.
“We’re definitely doing it, I think that’s been agreed,” Lauren said.
“I think trying to find a bit of balance to have a life, as well as being obsessed with the band – which is fine – is very, very important at this point in our career,” added Martin.
Asked when fans might get to hear new material, Lauren said: “Not two months, but not six years.”
Check out Death Stranding below.