- Cast to visit Edinburgh on All Change anniversary tour
- BET Awards: Beyonce, Roddy Ricch and LeBron James among the winners
- Watch: Arcade Fire's Win Butler makes cameo in new Bill and Ted trailer
- Interview: AAA catch up with hotly-tipped Scots band Vistas
- Laura Marling announces ticketed live-streamed show
Canadian indie legends Arcade Fire have announced a show at Edinburgh’s Corn Exchange on Thursday, 8 June.
The Montreal-based band will be playing in support of their eagerly-awaited new album – the band’s fifth and the follow-up to Reflektor – which is expected to be released shortly.
The band’s breakthrough album Funeral (Rough Trade, 2004) was nominated for a Grammy for Alternative Album of The Year and as the decade closed Funeral was chosen by Rolling Stone as the #1 album of the ‘00s. The album also featured in numerous ‘Best of the Decade’ polls around the world including NME, Q, Pitchfork, The Guardian and Mojo.
They’ve gone on to achieve repeat acclaim with follow up albums Neon Bible, The Suburbs and Reflektor.
Their show in June is the first in Scotland since memorable back to back intimate nights at the Barrowlands in 2013 under the alias ‘The Reflektors’.
Arcade Fire will play a number of festival dates across Europe and North America this summer including Primavera Sound, Isle of Wight Festival, Rock Werchter, Roskilde and Castlefield Bowl in Manchester.
Tickets for Arcade Fire’s Edinburgh show go sale on Wednesday 17, May at 9am via pclpresents.com / Seeticke