- Interview: AAA catch up with hotly-tipped Scots band Vistas
- Laura Marling announces ticketed live-streamed show
- Guns N'Roses cancel Scottish gig due to coronavirus crisis
- TRNSMT announce 2021 line-up featuring Liam Gallagher, Lewis Capaldi, Foals, Blossoms and many more
- Noel Gallagher to share previously unheard Oasis song at midnight tonight
The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, has died at the age of 76.
The legendary American soul singer had advanced pancreatic cancer and passed away today (Aug 16) with her family at her bedside.
Franklin’s family said: “In one of the darkest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our heart. We have lost the matriarch and rock of our family. The love she had for her children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and cousins knew no bounds.”
One of the greatest ever soul singers, Franklin sold more than 75 million records in her lifetime and won no fewer than 18 Grammy awards.
Here are ten of Aretha Franklin’s best songs.
I Never Loved a Man (The Way I loved You) (1967)
Chain of Fools (1967)
Do Right Woman, Do Right Man (1967)
Don’t Play That Song (1970)
Ain’t No Way (1968)
I Say a Little Prayer (1968)
Dr Feelgood (Love Is a Serious Business) (1967)
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (1967)