- Cast to visit Edinburgh on All Change anniversary tour
- BET Awards: Beyonce, Roddy Ricch and LeBron James among the winners
- Watch: Arcade Fire's Win Butler makes cameo in new Bill and Ted trailer
- Interview: AAA catch up with hotly-tipped Scots band Vistas
- Laura Marling announces ticketed live-streamed show
Scottish indie heroes Franz Ferdinand will headline this year’s Edinburgh’s Hogmanay concert.
The Take Me Out hitmakers take top billing at the Princes Street Gardens show, where they will be supported by supported by Metronomy.
Tickets for the event go on sale on 10am on Monday, September 3.
Singer Alex Kapranos said: “Hogmanay is the greatest party of the year and there is nowhere in the world like Scotland to celebrate it. Just thinking about bringing in the bells in Edinburgh gets me excited. It’s going to be some night!”
The line-up for the Hogmanay show is completed by Glasgow band Free Love, comprised of duo Suzanne Rodden and Lewis Cook.
Franz Ferdinand were due to support Erasure at the event in 2003, but the event was cancelled due to poor weather conditions on the night.
Charlie Wood and Ed Bartlam, directors of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, said: “We’re super excited with the line-up for the Concert in the Gardens.
“Franz Ferdinand have had a fantastic year with Always Ascending and in this, their first appearance at Hogmanay, they’re our top choice to get the crowd going into the midnight moment.”
Tickets will be available at edinburghshogmanay.com and on 0131 510 0395.