- Pixies share trailer for new podcast ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Frank Iero to bring his new band to Edinburgh on joint tour with Laura Jane Grace
- Tenth annual MagicFest brings extra sparkle to Christmas and Hogmanay
- Fat White Family to visit Edinburgh on UK tour
- Kaiser Chiefs to visit Edinburgh on 2020 UK tour
Iggy Pop and Jarvis Cocker will record a cover Nick Cave‘s Red Right Hand for the upcoming fourth season of Peaky Blinders.
Peaky Blinders returns to BBC Two tonight (November 15).
Helen McCrory, the show’s star, broke the news on The One Show yesterday.
“Every year, [the producers] look out for different singers, and who’s going to do the cover music,” she said. “One of the ‘Red Right Hand’ covers will be from the duet of Iggy Pop and Jarvis Cocker.”
McCrory didn’t say if Iggy and Jarvis’ version of the 1994 Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song would take over as Peaky Blinders’ opening theme.
The Peaky Blinders was previously covered by Mercury Prize-winner PJ Harvey for the show’s second series, while Sheffield indie band Arctic Monkeys have also covered the song in the past.