- Jarvis Cocker delays release of new album and UK tour - see rescheduled dates here
- Listen: Bright Eyes share comeback single, Persona Non Grata
- Gerry Cinnamon reschedules some summer shows - full details here
- Hunter & The Bear share new single and reschedule Edinburgh gig
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds cancel Scottish date
Lana Del Rey has confirmed the release date of her eagerly-awaited new album, Lust For Life.
The Video Games hitmaker revealed on Twitter today (May 25) that the album will drop on July 21.
Del Rey’s album has so far been preceded by lead single Love, her title-track and Weeknd collaboration, plus recent songs Coachella – Woodstock In My Mind and Cherry.
Talking about what it was like to work with Nicks, 31-year-old Del Rey said recently: “She was amazing. She’s just everything you hope she’s gonna be. She’s so contemporary, and she knows all the new music that’s out weekly. She loved the track and she added so much to it.”
Describing the new album as “more socially aware”, Del Rey said of the record: “I started out thinking that the whole record was gonna have a sort of a 50s-60s feeling, kind of some kind of Shangri-Las, early Joan Baez influences.
“But I don’t know, as the climate kept on getting more heated politically, I found lyrically everything was just directed towards that.
“So because of that, the sound just got really updated, and I felt like it was more wanting to talk to the younger side of the audience that I have.
“I guess it’s a little more socially aware. It’s kind of a global feeling.”