- Pixies share trailer for new podcast ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Frank Iero to bring his new band to Edinburgh on joint tour with Laura Jane Grace
- Tenth annual MagicFest brings extra sparkle to Christmas and Hogmanay
- Fat White Family to visit Edinburgh on UK tour
- Kaiser Chiefs to visit Edinburgh on 2020 UK tour
The Strokes’ frontman Julian Casablancas has released a new version of his festive solo track I Wish It Was Christmas Today – and you can listen to it here.
The track was first released in 2001 as part of a SNL sketch featuring the likes of Jimmy Fallon and Tracy Morgan.
The new solo offering from Casablancas arrives just days after The Strokes confirmed their live return in 2019.
Last week, the New York band were confirmed for Spain’s Doctor Music festival next summer, which came after they confirmed a headline set at Bilbao’s BBK Festival.
According to NME, a representative for the band has confirmed that this is part of a ‘global comeback’.
Further dates are expected to be announced soon.
Check out both versions of I Wish It Was Christmas Today below.