- AAA’s Hottest Record Of The Week: The Filthy Tongues - Mummy Can't Drive
- Mystery Jets postpone new album and cancel Edinburgh gig
- The 1975 to play two gigs in Scotland on 2020 UK tour
- Miles Kane shares video for new single ahead of Edinburgh show
- The Who to visit Scotland on UK tour - here's how to get tickets
Matilda the Music will have its Scottish premiere in Edinburgh next year.
The popular musical, which has already enjoyed successful runs both on Broadway and in London’s West End, will run at the Edinburgh Playhouse from Tuesday 2 – Saturday 27 April 2019.
Inspired by Roald Dahl’s beloved book about a little girl with magical powers, Matilda the Musical was commissioned by the Royal Shakespeare Company in 2010 and has since been seen by more than 7.7 million people worldwide, having played in more than 60 different cities.
The musical, which was written by Dennis Kelly and features music and lyrics by Tim Minchin, has won over 85 international awards and swept the board at the 2012 Olivier Awards, where it won a record-breaking seven accolades.
Whilst casting for the 2019 leg of the tour is still to be announced, the current touring production stars Cragie Els as Miss Trunchbull, Carly Thoms as Miss Honey and Sebastien Torkia as Mr Wormwood. The title role of Matilda is shared between Annalise Bradbury, Lara Cohen, Poppy Jones and Nicola Turner.
Tickets for the Edinburgh dates of the tour will go on sale to ATG Theatre Card holders at 10am on Monday 19 March and will be released for general sale on Friday 23 March.
Words: Amy Anderson