- Listen to previously unreleased David Bowie song
- Slow Readers Club share new single - and announce Edinburgh gig
- AAA's Hottest Record of the Week: Bombay Bicycle Club, Is It Real
- Kettle of Kites to visit Edinburgh's Sneaky Pete's during Independent Venue Week
- Billie Eilish records the new James Bond theme
The original West End production of the electrifying musical, Grease, is set to open at the Edinburgh Playhouse tonight.
The iconic high-school musical, which is widely considered to be one of the world’s greatest musicals, features back-to-back memorable hits including You’re the One That I Want, Grease is the Word, Summer Nights, Hopelessly Devoted to You, Sandy and Greased Lightnin’.
Since opening on Broadway in 1972, Grease has been widely considered as one of the world’s greatest feel-good musicals. The famous 1978 film, of the same name, starred John Travolta as Danny and Olivia Newton-John as Sandy.
The Wanted’s Tom Parker will make his theatrical debut in the show, in which he has been cast as heart-throb Danny Zucko. Pop band The Wanted have had three platinum albums, two sold-out arena tours and have sold more than three million singles in America alone. Parker will perform alongside Over the Rainbow winner Danielle Hope as Sandy and Louisa Lytton (Strictly Come Dancing and Eastenders) as Rizzo.
Grease, Edinburgh Playhouse, Greenside Place, Edinburgh, Monday 11 September – Saturday 16 September 2017, 7.30pm (matinee performances on selected dates), £20.50 – £46.50, 0844-871-3014.
Words: Amy Anderson