- Interview: AAA catch up with hotly-tipped Scots band Vistas
- Laura Marling announces ticketed live-streamed show
- Guns N'Roses cancel Scottish gig due to coronavirus crisis
- TRNSMT announce 2021 line-up featuring Liam Gallagher, Lewis Capaldi, Foals, Blossoms and many more
- Noel Gallagher to share previously unheard Oasis song at midnight tonight
Ryan Hurst, who starred as Opie Winston in Sons of Anarchy, has joined The Walking Dead for the upcoming ninth season.
Hurst will be a recurring guest star and play Beta, the second in command of the Whisperers, a new group from the comicbooks that is set to be introduced.
The latest casting, which was reported by EW, continues to round out the Whisperers, who go undetected by wearing suits of zombie flesh.
Fantastic Beasts’ star Samantha Morton will play the group’s leader, Alpha, while Ozark’s Cassidy McClincy is cast as her daughter, Lydia.
As reported recently on AAA, crossbow-wielding redneck Daryl Dixon, played by Norman Reedus, will take a more prominent role in season 9 – and he’ll also have two new weapons at his command.
“Since our characters are being more stingy with their bullets this year, we wanted to make sure Daryl had a good secondary weapon for hand-to-hand fighting (a crossbow is difficult to reload, so it’s not good for quick combat),” new showrunner Angela Kang told AMC.
“Norman helped to custom design a pair of knives that he can use for two-handed combat. They’re saw-backed Bowie knives with finger rings that allow you to quickly twirl the knives into different positions (you can grip them in either direction).”
The Walking Dead returns in October.