- BET Awards: Beyonce, Roddy Ricch and LeBron James among the winners
- Watch: Arcade Fire's Win Butler makes cameo in new Bill and Ted trailer
- Interview: AAA catch up with hotly-tipped Scots band Vistas
- Laura Marling announces ticketed live-streamed show
- Guns N'Roses cancel Scottish gig due to coronavirus crisis
Fans that were hoping to secure tickets to see Prince on his intimate Spotlight…Piano and a Microphone tour have been left disappointed by the news that this morning’s ticket sale has been postponed.
The legend is scheduled to perform the opening date of his UK Spotlight…Piano and a Microphone Tour at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall on Friday, November 27. He will perform the unique gig, during which he will be backed only by his piano, twice in one day. The first show will start at 5pm, with the second one set to kick off at 9pm.
Tickets for the show were expected to go on sale at 10am this morning but an announcement was put out by Ticketmaster at the last minute to advise fans that the sale had been postponed for undisclosed reasons. Though the gigs will still go ahead, fans will have to wait patiently for information on where and when they can try to buy tickets.
The stripped-back shows will give fans the chance to get up-close-and-personal with the enigmatic superstar as the venue has a capacity of only 2,475. It’s a surprising turn of events, considering he performed his first Scottish show in almost 20 years at The Hydro, which holds 13,000 people, in May last year.
Following his shows in Glasgow, Prince is expected to perform in London and Birmingham before touring Europe.
At a press conference, Prince explained: “Why do this now? For several reasons. For starters, it’s a challenge. I rarely get bad reviews because this is something that’s been perfected for over 30 years. You have to try new things. With the piano it’s more naked, more pure. You can see exactly what you get.”
Piano and a Microphone UK Tour Dates
- Friday, November 27 – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (5pm)
- Friday, November 27 – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (9pm)
- Sunday, November 29 – London Royal Drury Lane (3pm)
- Sunday, November 29 – London Royal Drury Lane (7pm)
- Tuesday, December 1 – Birmingham Symphony Hall (5pm)
- Tuesday, December 1 – Birmingham Symphony Hall (9pm)
Prince: Spotlight…Piano and a Microphone Tour, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, City Halls, Old Fruitmarket, Glasgow, November 27, 5pm and 9pm, £55 – £175, 0141 353 8000