- Interview: AAA catch up with hotly-tipped Scots band Vistas
- Laura Marling announces ticketed live-streamed show
- Guns N'Roses cancel Scottish gig due to coronavirus crisis
- TRNSMT announce 2021 line-up featuring Liam Gallagher, Lewis Capaldi, Foals, Blossoms and many more
- Noel Gallagher to share previously unheard Oasis song at midnight tonight
This summer’s TRNSMT music festival has become the latest event cancelled in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Lewis Capaldi, Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, Ian Brown, Foals, Rita Ora and Snow Patrol were due to play the event over the weekend of July 10-12.
But with Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announcing lockdown measures are to continue in some form across the country to stop the spread of Covid-19, the festival at Glasgow Green will no longer go ahead this year.
A statement from festival organisers said: “We are absolutely gutted to announce that due to the comments made by the First Minister of Scotland during the daily briefing on 23rd April, TRNSMT will be unable to go ahead as planned in July 2020.
“We did not want to take this step but it is unavoidable. The health and safety of our fans, artists, staff and community will always be our top priority.
“We are now working hard with all the artist teams to try to get the 2021 line-up as close to this year’s as we can and will be able to update on this fully over the next two weeks.
“We’d like to thank the artist teams for their hard work in helping us to try and achieve this.”
TRNSMT organisers said next year’s festival will take place from July 9-11, and those who have a ticket for the 2020 edition will be able to carry it over to 2021 or seek a refund.