- Cast to visit Edinburgh on All Change anniversary tour
- BET Awards: Beyonce, Roddy Ricch and LeBron James among the winners
- Watch: Arcade Fire's Win Butler makes cameo in new Bill and Ted trailer
- Interview: AAA catch up with hotly-tipped Scots band Vistas
- Laura Marling announces ticketed live-streamed show
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus, who plays crossbow-wielding redneck Daryl in the hit zombie show, has revealed two major characters are set to leave when the series returns after its mid-season break. And he’s not happy about it.
Reedus says the departure of the two key actors, who “are the heart of the show”, will be a “big blow”.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the 49-year-old discussed what he sees as two important losses in the new series.
He said: “The people that started this show, to me, are the heart of the show. When you lose those key members, it’s such a big blow.
“If you want to hold on to what made the show special, you’ve got to be very careful what you do with those people.”
Reedus is referring to the imminent loss of characters Carl Grimes and Morgan Jones, who have been a part of The Walking Dead since the start.
Last month’s mid-season finale saw Carl, played by Chandler Riggs bitten by a deadly zombie, while Morgan, played by Lennie James, is leaving to star in spin-off Fear Of The Walking Dead.
The Walking Dead season 8 returns in the US on Sunday, 25 February on AMC, and here in the UK on FOX on Monday, 26 February.