- AAA’s Hottest Record Of The Week: The Filthy Tongues - Mummy Can't Drive
- Mystery Jets postpone new album and cancel Edinburgh gig
- The 1975 to play two gigs in Scotland on 2020 UK tour
- Miles Kane shares video for new single ahead of Edinburgh show
- The Who to visit Scotland on UK tour - here's how to get tickets
Sci-fi fans got an unexpected Christmas present today when the first trailer for Alien: Covenant was shared online.
The movie, directed by Ridley Scott, will arrive in cinemas next year and is the sequel to 2012’s Alien prequel Prometheus.
Michael Fassbender and Guy Pearce will return in the movie. As previously announced, Noomi Rapace will not be returning.
The cast also includes James Franco, Danny McBride, Katherine Waterston and Billy Crudup, among others.
Speaking about the film, Fassbender said recently: “This Alien is going to be… I’m very excited to see it and everybody in the film was saying this is a film that we all want to see.
“It’s much scarier than Prometheus, but it’s got the same sort of scope of Prometheus. It’s kind of got more of thriller, imminent disaster feel that Alien had, so it’s kind of a beautiful meeting of both of those films.”
Alien: Covenant is released on May 19, 2017.