- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
- Chart star Tom Grennan to visit Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on UK tour
- Midge Ure to revisit Ultravox classics on visit to Edinburgh
- Fontaines D.C. announce interactive livestream show ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to visit Edinburgh on massive UK tour
Scottish synth-pop trio Chvrches have shared new track Death Stranding — and it’s our Hottest Record Of The Week.
The Lauren Mayberry-fronted group debuted the track on The Late Late Show With James Corden.
The song is for Hideo Kojima’s new game, also titled Death Stranding, and Chvrches band member Iain Cook has revealed to the BBC that the famed video game designer said it “made him cry”.
Fellow band member Martin Doherty added: “He wanted us to go and write a song in our style, something that’s a quintessential Chvrches song.
“Lauren worked on the theme lyrically, I think expertly, because it stands alone as a Chvrches record – but it is also deeply connected to the game.”
Death Stranding will be the band’s final release of 2019 – but a new album could be released next year.
“We’re definitely doing it, I think that’s been agreed,” Lauren said.
“I think trying to find a bit of balance to have a life, as well as being obsessed with the band – which is fine – is very, very important at this point in our career,” added Martin.
Asked when fans might get to hear new material, Lauren said: “Not two months, but not six years.”
Check out Death Stranding below.