- Olly Murs to play Edinburgh Castle gig next summer
- Listen: Edinburgh's Django Django return with fabulous new single
- Louise Rutkowski releases first single from forthcoming new album
- The Slow Readers Club announce new album - and Edinburgh gig
- Mountain Goats announce new album - listen to lead single here
The Filthy Tongues, who topped AAA’s Scottish Albums of the Year poll in 2016, are back with brand single Mummy Can’t Drive – and it’s our Hottest Record of the Week.
You can listen to it right here.
Veterans of the Edinburgh indie scene, The Filthy Tongues have occupied a unique place at the heart of Scottish alternative rock in various manifestations since the mid-80s.
Martin Metcalfe, Fin Wilson and Derek Kelly were the core-members of Goodbye Mr Mackenzie, a stunning live band, with Metcalfe resembling the MC of a debauched, vaguely gothic cabaret, which effortlessly churned out pop classics, sinister dark blues and full-blown stadium-fitting anthems.
The reformed Goodbye Mr Mackenzie pick up their storming anniversary tour later in the year, with tour dates in England (November) including the legendary Dingwalls in London, culminating in a sold-out gig at Glasgow Barrowlands on 20 December.
FILTHY TONGUES TOUR DATES
Thu 19 Sep – PJ Malloys, DUNFERMLINE
Fri 20 Sep – Oran Mor, GLASGOW
GOODBYE MR MACKENZIE TOUR DATES
Sat 2 Nov – Westgarth, MIDDLESBROUGH
Fri 8 Nov – Dingwalls, LONDON
Sat 9 Nov – The Raven Hall, CORBY
Fri 20 Dec – Barrowland, GLASGOW (Sold Out)