- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Norwegian pop star Sigrid had one of the best songs of the year so far with Don’t Kill My Vibe – and the 21-year-old has only gone and repeated the trick with new single Strangers.
It’s AAA’s Hottest Record Of The Week – and you can listen to it below.
“It’s about wanting something to be something that it’s not,” Sigrid told NME. “A lot of people – especially people my age – want things to be perfect, and therefore you lie to yourself. For instance, you think, ‘This romantic relationship is so good’, but then it turns out that it’s not. You just wanted it to be.
“It’s a really, really sad song,” adds the Scandi-pop sensation. “My favourite pop tunes – like ‘Dancing On My Own by Robyn or Green Light by Lorde – are always the ones that makes you wanna cry and dance at the same time.”
Check out Sigrid’s Strangers below – and then have another listen to Don’t Kill My Vibe again.