- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Hottest Record of the Week? This one’s so hot, you better watch your eyes don’t burn as you read this.
Yes, Kiwi sensation Lorde returned today with her long-awaited comeback single, Green Light – and it’s an absolute belter.
The 20-year-old New Zealander’s newbie was premiered tonight.
Speaking to Zane Lowe on Beats 1, the singer said the track “had to be really special” and that it couldn’t “sound the same as the old stuff”.
She continued to say that the song is about “my first major heartbreak,” adding: “It’s not something that I really am used to writing about… It took me a while to be able to figure out how to write about that.”
Listen to Green Light below.
Last year, Royals hitmaker Lorde made a surprise appearance at the Brit Awards performing in honour of the late David Bowie.
The singer did a rendition of Life On Mars with Bowie’s band after the icon was honoured with a posthumous Brit Award.
Bowie once praised Lorde for creating music that “felt like listening to tomorrow,” and the 19-year-old songstress, drenched in red light, gave a powerful and affecting performance of the classic song.