- Kiwi pop sensation Lorde to visit Edinburgh's Usher Hall on Solar Power world tour
- Manic Street Preachers announce Edinburgh show and share brand new single - listen
- Chubby and the Gang to visit Edinburgh on mammoth UK tour
- Watch: Django Django share video for new single and announce Edinburgh gig
- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
The Walking Dead’s Andrew Lincoln has given fans a taste of what to expect from the hit zombie series forthcoming spin-off movies.
The London-born actor, who played Rick Grimes in the show until recently, is set to reprise the role in three films that will aim to explore the “wider world.”
Speaking fan chat show Talking Dead, Lincoln said Grimes’ return is “not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning”.
“I like the idea that we get to tell a bigger story, maybe with a sort of wider vista,” he added. “And I’ve always been interested in what’s going on out there, you know, whether or not there is contact with the wider world.
“I want to know the meta of it all. And I suppose to be able to kind of touch upon that in a contained story for me is a very exciting proposition.”
While the finer details of the films are yet to be revealed, Lincoln previously likened it to Clint Eastwood’s hit movie Unforgiven and hinted that it could see Rick being placed in a completely new environment.
Lincoln told Entertainment Weekly recently: “I liked that as a starting point, and I thought, well, this is interesting if you’ve got an audience that knows this character, and you find him in a new place, in a new whatever that may look like, and he’s not the same guy, but you know what’s inside of him.
“I thought that that’s quite an interesting starting point,” he added.