- Kiwi pop sensation Lorde to visit Edinburgh's Usher Hall on Solar Power world tour
- Manic Street Preachers announce Edinburgh show and share brand new single - listen
- Chubby and the Gang to visit Edinburgh on mammoth UK tour
- Watch: Django Django share video for new single and announce Edinburgh gig
- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke and US superstar Beyoncé have been named among the nominees for the Best Original Song at the 92nd Academy Awards.
Yorke is in the running for Daily Battles from Motherless Brooklyn, while Beyoncé’s Spirit from The Lion King is also recognised for the top prize.
Other big-name acts with entries include Elton John and Bernie Taupin’s (I’m Gonna) Love Me Again from the Elton John biopic Rocketman, Randy Newman’s I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away from Toy Story 4, and Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo’s Letter to My Godfather from The Black Godfather.
Meanwhile, in the best original score category, Nicholas Britell is nominated for The King, Alexandre Desplat for Greta Gerwig’s Little Women remake, John Williams for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and Randy Newman for his work on Marriage Story among others.
The rest of the Oscars will be announced in January.