He’s (whisper it) almost cool and credible these days thanks to some undeniably good singles – but 21% of Justin Bieber’s fans wouldn’t own up to liking his music, according to a new study, which also claims that Edinburgh is the joint-second biggest home to secret Beliebers in the UK.
New research by ticketing company Ticketbis shows that the Canadian pop icon has attracted 10% more fans in the UK than he had just two years ago, while his fastest-growing market is the 18-30 age group.
It is also claimed that Southampton is the biggest UK city in terms of its secret Beliebers, with 33% of fans in the city saying they were embarrassed to like the singer. Edinburgh and Norwich are second with 28%.
See a list of the top UK cities in terms of secret Belieber percentages below.
Last week it was confirmed that the Bieb will perform three gigs Glasgow next year as part of his Purpose World Tour after an extra two dates were added due to phenomenal demand.
The singer will perform at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Thursday 27, Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 October as part of the UK leg of his 2016 tour. He will also perform dates in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield and Dublin.
The 21-year-old meanwhile, is on course to claim this year’s Christmas No.1 with his latest single, Love Yourself (listen below)
Full UK and Ireland tour dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 11, Wednesday 12, Friday 14 and Saturday 15 October – The O2, London
- Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 October – Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
- Thursday 20 and Friday 21 October – Manchester Arena, Manchester
- Wednesday 26 October – Sheffield Arena, Sheffield
- Thursday 27, Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 October – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- Tuesday 1 November – 3Arena, Dublin