- Chubby and the Gang to visit Edinburgh on mammoth UK tour
- Watch: Django Django share video for new single and announce Edinburgh gig
- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
- Chart star Tom Grennan to visit Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on UK tour
- Midge Ure to revisit Ultravox classics on visit to Edinburgh
Cage The Elephant have announced the cancellation of their UK tour – which included a visit to Edinburgh next week – after guitarist Nick Bockrath sustained a serious leg injury.
Grammy Award-winning retro rockers called off a string of dates after Bockrath injured himself while performing at Sweden’s Pinkpop Festival last weekend.
Cage The Elephant said in a statement: “We regret to inform the fans that Cage The Elephant will be cancelling the upcoming European tour dates from 12 June to 20 June.
Sadly, our guitarist Nick Bockrath had an accident on stage at “PINKPOP” and injured his leg badly (ruptured PCL, torn ACL, fractured tibia, damaged meniscus).
“He tried to play through two shows, but he now requires immediate surgery and is currently getting the medical attention he needs. All ticket refunds will be available at original point of purchase (with the exception of Isle of Wight Festival). We will keep you posted on future dates.”
All cancelled dates can be seen in full below.
12 June – Amsterdam, NLD at Melkweg Max
14 June – London, UK at Heaven
15 June – Isle of Wight, UK at Isle of Wight Festival
17 June – Edinburgh, UK at Liquid Room
18 June – Birmingham, UK at O2 Institute2
20 June – Paris, FRA at Bataclan