- Kiwi pop sensation Lorde to visit Edinburgh's Usher Hall on Solar Power world tour
- Manic Street Preachers announce Edinburgh show and share brand new single - listen
- Chubby and the Gang to visit Edinburgh on mammoth UK tour
- Watch: Django Django share video for new single and announce Edinburgh gig
- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
Edinburgh-formed indie band Django Django have announced a new six-track EP – and shared a brand new single.
You can watch the video for Swimming At Night below.
The London-based band are following up the release of their third studio album, Marble Skies, which was released in January.
Winter’s Beach is set for release on October 12 via Because Music.
Produced by the band’s drummer, Dave Maclean, the six-track EP will be released on a limited 12” vinyl and digitally.
That track’s accompanying video has been directed and animated by Gemma Yin Taylor.
Speaking about her creative process, Taylor said: “The guys wanted to create a highly visual piece of moving image exploring the vibrant inner worlds within our own heads. With a nod to some iconic graphic and video styles from the 70s and 80s, I used mixed media techniques and a low frame rate to achieve a distinctive tactile quality.
“Meandering through deconstructed figurative, scenic, and natural forms from the start of the video, sets the stage for introducing some trippier ‘life forms underwater’ when the track submerges us into the vibrant choruses.
“The imagery is familiar, but subverted, using non-linear animation techniques. I wanted the video to embody the off-beat eccentricities of the track, whilst still having a bold, bright pop sensibility.”
See the tracklist for the Winter’s Beach EP below:
1. Winter’s Beach
2. Sand Dunes
3. Swimming At Night
4. Flash Forward
5. Ghost Rider
6. Blue Hazy Highs