- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
The 2019 Edinburgh Spanish Film Festival presents a total of 17 feature films and eight short films in Spanish over the months of October and November.
Alongside the Filmhouse and the University of Edinburgh, the festival will take place at the University of Stirling, the University of Strathclyde, the Instituto Cervantes in Manchester, the Belmont Picturehouse in Aberdeen and the Glasgow Film Theatre.
The sixth Edinburgh Spanish Film Festival will be held across Scotland from 3 October until 14 November.
The opening film, The Candidate, directed by Rodrigo Sorogoyen, has been awarded with seven Goya Awards.
The Festival launches an exciting programme that includes the Scottish premiere of Almost 40 (directed by David Trueba), The Candidate and Campeones (funny, tender film about a real Spanish basketball team of people with learning difficulties) as well as the TV Series Madrid on Fire (directed by Paco León) about Ava Gardner’s time living in that city.
To view the full programme, visit www.edinburghspanishfilmfestival.com
Locations: Filmhouse (88 Lothian Road), University of Edinburgh (50 George Square Lecture Theatre), the Universities of Stirling and Strathclyde and the Glasgow Film Theatre (12 Rose St, Glasgow).
Tickets: full price (£10,50), concession (£8), schools (£3).