- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Sir Elton John has been paid a staggering £5 million to star in the 2018 John Lewis Christmas advert, according to reports.
The 71-year-old music icon spent four days recording the advert at London’s Pinewood Studios.
According to the Mail on Sunday, Sir Elton performs Your Song, with a storyline spanning his entire lifetime of Christmases.
A source revealed: “John Lewis wanted to win the battle of the Christmas adverts this year and it has cost them a significant sum to do it, but they think having Elton on board will guarantee its popularity and blow Marks & Spencer out of the water.
“It’s a tear-jerker but also very sweet, and follows Elton from a child, through his teenage years, into how he is today.
“It is all very, very charming and the exciting crescendo at the end will be Elton playing his famous piano.”
A John Lewis spokesperson said: “We are lucky enough to enjoy lots of speculation around our TV ads, much of which is wildly inaccurate, and our one rule is to never comment on any aspect simply because we want to keep the magic.”