- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Speaking at the world premiere of Trainspotting 2 in Edinburgh tonight, Ewan McGregor admitted he was concerned about tarnishing the reputation of the original.
The Perth-born actor said he was worried about making a bad sequel to the cult 1996 original, but added that his reservations soon vanished after reading the script for T2.
“I don’t think any of us were in any doubt once we read the script,” McGregor told Sky News at the premiere.
“Before we read it, it was something that was on my mind – you don’t want to make a bad sequel to Trainspotting that would damage its reputation in any way.”
AAA Edinburgh will post its own review of Trainspotting 2 shortly.
Trainspotting 2 will be released in cinemas on January 27, and in the US a week later.