- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Edinburgh author JK Rowling has revealed she is already writing the screenplay for Fantastic Beasts 3.
The Harry Potter creator revealed her latest plans during a Q&A on her official website.
Rowling said: “I’ve just finished the fourth Galbraith novel, Lethal White, and I’m now writing the screenplay for Fantastic Beasts 3. After that I’ll be writing another book for children. I’ve been playing with the (non-Harry Potter/wizarding world) story for about six years, so it’s about time I get it down on paper.”
No further details were given about the screenplay.
Rowling famously wrote the Harry PotTer book in cafes in Edinburgh, revealed her celebrity status means she can no longer work in public.
She said: “I used to love writing in cafes, being happily anonymous — but when you’re being watched, you become too self-conscious to work.
“I drink eight or nine mugs of tea. Being clumsy, I prefer eating things that won’t ruin the keyboard. Popcorn’s ideal.”
Rowling’s next movie, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald, is due out in November.