- Kiwi pop sensation Lorde to visit Edinburgh's Usher Hall on Solar Power world tour
- Manic Street Preachers announce Edinburgh show and share brand new single - listen
- Chubby and the Gang to visit Edinburgh on mammoth UK tour
- Watch: Django Django share video for new single and announce Edinburgh gig
- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
Scottish synth-pop darlings Chvrches have shared new track My Enemy – featuring The National‘s Matt Berninger – and you can listen to it here.
The Lauren Mayberry-fronted group returned recently with comeback single Get Out, and the follow-up to 2015’s Every Open Eye is due later this year.
“We’ve all been huge fans of The National for a long time,” says Mayberry.
“We had played a few festivals together but really got to know Matt when we were involved in 7 Inches For Planned Parenthood, a fundraising and awareness campaign that he spearheaded. It’s really inspiring and reassuring to meet other artists you admire and realise that they are trying to do some good in the world.
“We kept in touch after that and, when it came time to record My Enemy, Iain and Martin suggested I email Matt to see if he’d like to sing on it. We never realistically thought he’d have time to do it but he replied right away and recorded the track at his house the next day.”
Earlier this week, Chvrches confirmed that the title of their third record will be Love Is Dead, as well as sharing tracklist.
The band are due to play a string of festival shows across the US and Europe this summer – including an appearance at TRNSMT in their hometown of Glasgow on 8 July.
Check out the tracklist for Love Is Dead, and then listen to My Enemy below.
Love Is Dead tracklist:
‘Love Is Dead’
‘Never Say Die’