- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Kiwi wunderkind Lorde has confirmed Green Light as the title of her upcoming new single
The New Zealand singer-songwriter had been teasing the track for the past few days and has now also confirmed that it will be released tomorrow (March 2).
In a tweet, Lorde wrote: “I am so overjoyed to finally announce that my first single, GREEN LIGHT, is coming out tomorrow at 8am nz / 2pm nyc”.
She added: “I am so proud of this song. it’s very different, and kinda unexpected. it’s complex and funny and sad and joyous and it’ll make you DANCE… it’s the first chapter of a story i’m gonna tell you, the story of the last 2 wild, fluorescent years of my life. this is where we begin”.
Lorde also revealed that a Grant Singer-directed video for the track will surface on Thursday.
Last year, Royals hitmaker Lorde made a surprise appearance at the Brit Awards performing in honour of the late David Bowie.
The singer did a rendition of Life On Mars with Bowie’s band after the icon was honoured with a posthumous Brit Award.
Bowie once praised Lorde for creating music that “felt like listening to tomorrow,” and the 19-year-old songstress, drenched in red light, gave a powerful and affecting performance of the classic song.
You can watch it below.