- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
- Chart star Tom Grennan to visit Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on UK tour
- Midge Ure to revisit Ultravox classics on visit to Edinburgh
- Fontaines D.C. announce interactive livestream show ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to visit Edinburgh on massive UK tour
The Mountain Goats have announced details of new album Getting Into Knives – and you can listen to the lead single here.
The announcement of the band’s 19th studio album comes with the release of the LP’s first single, As Many Candles As Possible, which features American organist Charles Hodges.
According to Mountain Goats’ Twitter, the 13-track record was recorded in Memphis and March and will be released on October 23 through Merge.
Getting Into Knives comes hot on the heels of this year’s surprise album Songs For Pierre Chuvin, released in April.
The ten-track album was released in John Darnielle’s North Carolina home on a Panasonic RX-FT500 tape deck.
Darnielle said proceeds would go directly to The Mountain Goats’ crew and collaborators, whose tour plans were scuppered due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
“I dedicate this tape to everybody who’s waited a long time for the wheels to sound their joyous grind,” Darnielle said at the time of its release.
“May they grind us into a safe future where we gather once again in rooms to sing songs about pagan priests & hidden shelters, and where we see each other face to face. Hail the Panasonic! Hail the inscrutable engines of chance! Hail Cybele!”