- Listen: Edinburgh's Django Django return with fabulous new single
- Louise Rutkowski releases first single from forthcoming new album
- The Slow Readers Club announce new album - and Edinburgh gig
- Mountain Goats announce new album - listen to lead single here
- Shirley Manson reveals new Garbage album will be released next year
Edinburgh-born singer Shirley Manson has revealed that Garbage‘s next album is currently being mixed and is due for release next year.
Speaking to Rolling Stone, Stockbridge-raised Shirley said that 2020 was set to be the band’s “most fun year we’ve had in quite some time” until the Covid-19 crisis put things on the backburner.
“We’re restructuring our business and changing the way we release records from the way we have in the last eight years. We have a lot of touring lined up, which of course we can’t carry out,” she said.
“We have a new record being mixed as we speak that’s going to come out next year. We’ve got three more songs to go and then we’re done. And then we’ll concentrate on the artwork and start planning for next year.
“We were really excited. We were talking with our team this morning, and things are still looking hopeful.”
Asked what her day-to-day routine had been like during lockdown, Shirley said: “There is no form to my day whatsoever. We’re in the middle of mixing a [Garbage] record, so thank God for that.
“It’s the only thing keeping us sane.”