- Fontaines D.C. announce interactive livestream show ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to visit Edinburgh on massive UK tour
- Listen: Glasgow duo hit new HYYTS on latest single
- Olly Murs to play Edinburgh Castle gig next summer
- Listen: Edinburgh's Django Django return with fabulous new single
As T in the Park 2016 kicks off, AAA: Edinburgh will be chatting to some of the freshest, most exciting bands on the line-up to help you decide who to go and see.
Today, we sat down with local rockers Miracle Glass Company ahead of their T in the Park debut.
- You’re set to perform on the T Break Stage at T in the Park on Saturday. What are you most looking forward to about performing at the festival?
We were fortunate to be invited to play the T Break stage for upcoming bands, and we’re looking forward to bringing our live show to an up-for-it Saturday night crowd. We’re expecting a party atmosphere!
“I don’t think it matters
too much where you’re
from – rock n’ roll
music is universal”
- Do you think being a local band will put you at an advantage or at a disadvantage at T in the Park?
I don’t think it matters too much where you’re from – rock n’ roll music is universal. We’re proud to be Scottish, though.
- You’re always gigging. How do you go about adapting your live shows for festivals like T in the Park?
We give our all at every gig – that’s the way it is. But if the crowd is in the right mood then things might go to another level. Playing to a festival crowd through a massive sound system with great lights suits our show really well!
- For those that haven’t heard your music or seen you perform live before, what can they expect from your set?
Tight vocal harmonies, raunchy rock ‘n’ roll and mind-blowing guitar solos. They’ll all go home singing our songs!
- Are there any other bands you’re hoping to see?
None in particular but we’ll go about and check out a few bands before our set. We would’ve liked to have seen The Stone Roses or Red Hot Chilli Peppers but, as fate would have it, they’re on different nights from us.
- Do you have any fond memories of attending T in the Park over the years?
I had a great experience seeing The Coral when they were first breaking through which was full of energy and raw power. For the others, this is their first T in the Park and so hopefully it’ll be one to remember.
Miracle Glass Company perform on the T Break Stage at T in the Park on Saturday. For tickets or more information, visit http://www.tinthepark.com/
Words: Amy Anderson