- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Much-loved US comedy series The Big Bang Theory will air its final episode in 2019 – bringing to an end one of the longest-running sitcoms in television history.
The programme’s 12th and final season will premiere on 24 September and is expected to conclude in May 2019.
The production teams and CBS said in a joint statement they were “forever grateful” to the fans.
“We, along with the cast, writers and crew, are extremely appreciative of the show’s success and aim to deliver a final season, and series finale, that will bring The Big Bang Theory to an epic creative close,” the statement read.
The series has scooped an seven Emmys, including four Outstanding Lead Actor wins for Jim Parsons, who plays the socially awkward character Sheldon Cooper.
With the conclusion of its final season in May 2019, The Big Bang Theory will have aired 279 episodes, breaking the record for the longest-running single-camera comedy in television history.