- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
With just days to go until some of the biggest names in music come to Glasgow for the inaugural TRNSMT festival at Glasgow Green ( 7-9 July), organisers of the festival are encouraging ticket holders to start planning their journey.
From today fans will be able to log onto www.TRNSMTfest.com for accurate and up to date travel information, with the organisers providing a comprehensive overview of the best ways fans can get themselves to and from what will undoubtedly be the highlight of the Scottish music calendar.
Full details of all recommended travel and transport routes can be found below.
BUS IS BEST
TRAVELLING BY COACH
1. Big Green Coach is the official coach service for TRNSMT.
2. You can hop on a low cost executive coach with a load of other revellers from 26 pick-up locations across Scotland and North England. Many locations will sell out fast so book ASAP to secure your seat and avoid disappointment.
3. Day return pick-up locations. Operating each day; Aberdeen, Ayr, Carlisle, Dumfries, Dundee, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Glenrothes, Inverness, Irvine, Kilmarnock, Kirkcaldy, Livingston, Middlesbrough, Newcastle-Upon-
Tyne, Perth, Stirling, and Sunderland.
4. For further information regarding timetables and fares, visit the Travel and Accommodation page of TRNSMT website or Big Green Coach.
TRAVELLING BY BUS
1. Glasgow Green can be accessed by Buchanan Bus Station which is around a twenty minute walk.
2. First Bus services 18, 43, 64 and 263 all stop within a five-minute walk to Glasgow Green.
3. For information on bus services in and around Greater Glasgow, visit First Bus.
TRAVELLING BY TRAIN
For all details regarding booking and timetables, please visit ScotRail’s website.
Glasgow Green can be accessed from 5 Rail Stations all within a fifteen minute walk. These are:-
1. Glasgow Central Station
2. Glasgow Queen Street Station
3. Glasgow High Street Station
4. Glasgow Argyle Street Station
5. Glasgow Bridgeton Station
TRAVELLING BY SUBWAY
Glasgow Green can be accessed from 2 Subway stations both within a fifteen-minute walk. These are:-
1. Buchanan Street Station
2. St Enoch Station
Note this service will not be available post event on the Friday and Sunday
For information on Subway timetables and fares, visit SPT.
TRAVELLING BY COACH
If you are getting a taxi to TRNSMT, it’s best to get dropped off at Arcadia Street and use the East entrance to the festival. Glasgow Green is serviced by 5 taxi ranks. On the weekend of the festival these will operate as NiteZone ranks, with additional lighting and taxi marshals to help people get home safely. These are:-
1. Glasgow Cross on London Road
2. Albion Street
3. Queen Street Station
4. Central Station
5. The Briggait (King Street)
TRAVELLING BY CAR
2. NCP Montrose Street (230 spaces)
3. Merchant City High Street (200 spaces)
4. NCP King Street (660 spaces)
5. NCP Glassford Street (545 spaces)
6. City Parking Duke Street (1170 spaces
7. City Parking Glasgow Cross (40 spaces)
8. City Parking Dunlop Street (112 spaces)
Blue Badge Parking will be on the East Carriageway between Binnie Place and Arcadia Street. Access to the parking area will be from Arcadia Street.
For more information regarding Accessible Facilities, please visit the Accessible page official website.
ROAD CLOSURES AND RESTRICTIONS
From Thursday 6th July to Monday 10th July Greendyke Street will be closed between London Road and Turnbull Street.
Local access will still be available to residents and businesses on these streets.
30 minutes prior to the event closing, however, the following streets will be closed to ALL traffic:
· Crown Street
· Mart Street
· James Morrison Street
· Turnbull Street
· Steel Street
· St Andrews Street
Timings for these will be 11.30pm on the Friday (7th) and 10.30pm on the Saturday (8th) and Sunday (9th). Police Scotland will determine the reopening time however it is estimated the closure may last for an hour.
On event days there will be Local Access only restrictions on the following streets:
· Monteith Row
· Monteith Place
· Binnie Place
· McNeil Street
· Moffat Street
· Waddell Street
· Commercial Road
· Florence Street
· Greendyke Street
· Lanark Street
· Charlotte Street
TRNSMT – General: www.TRNSMTfest.com/
TRNSMT – Accessible Information: www.TRNSMTfest.
TRNSMT Travel and Accommodation: www.TRNSMTfest.
Visit Scotland Travel Information: www.