- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
- Chart star Tom Grennan to visit Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on UK tour
- Midge Ure to revisit Ultravox classics on visit to Edinburgh
- Fontaines D.C. announce interactive livestream show ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to visit Edinburgh on massive UK tour
Scottish indie darlings Belle and Sebastian will warm up the crowd Radiohead at TRNSMT tomorrow (July 7) – 20 years after they bottled out of supporting the mighty Oxford outfit.
The Bellshill band were first invited to support Thom Yorke and co in 1997, but didn’t feel ready to go out on such a big arena tour.
Tomorrow, the Belles will finally support their heroes when Scotland’s newest festival kicks off at Glasgow Green – with Radiohead topping the bill on Friday, Leicester party monsters Kasabian on Saturday and Scots rockers Biffy Clyro on Sunday.
Also on tomorrow’s bill will be London Grammar, Rag’N’Bone Man, Everything Everything and JP Cooper.
Belle and Sebastian keyboardist Chris Geddes said the band were over the moon to be invited to TRNSMT, which they understand came from Radiohead themselves.
“Radiohead are an amazing band – one of the most important of the last 20 years – and to be playing with them is incredible,” Geddes told the Daily Record.
“We got offered a support tour with them way back when the band first started but we didn’t have it together at that point to go on a big arena tour. It’s nice to get to play with them now after all these years.”
Click HERE for all details on how to transport yourself to TRNSMT festival this weekend
For more details about TRNSMT, and to buy tickets, visit www.trnsmtfest.com