- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
- Chart star Tom Grennan to visit Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on UK tour
- Midge Ure to revisit Ultravox classics on visit to Edinburgh
- Fontaines D.C. announce interactive livestream show ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to visit Edinburgh on massive UK tour
Twin Atlantic will be performing live and signing copies of their eagerly-awaited new album at Edinburgh’s Coda Music record shop on Saturday, 10 September.
The Scottish alt-rockers, who performed an intimate gig at La Belle Angele in July, have been discussing new album GLA, which is set to be released on September 9. Frontman Sam McTrusty said: “This is where we come from. It’s laced in our blood not to mention our art and vision. It’s bold. It’s in our voice. It’s time to embrace it and not work around it.
“This album is our reflection of what it’s like to come from a city at the forefront of multiculturalism, both forward thinking and with a real sense of community, but also with a dark and rough history.
“We have changed our approach to writing and recording; we turned the idea of a rock band upside down, conforming only to this one idea – to take back rock and roll. To give people something real again.
“You can’t get more real than Glasgow. Infamous for rivalry and danger. Passion and fear. Diversity and depth. Love and warmth. Small spaces and one climate. We have finally made the album we wanted to make.”
Twin Atlantic, Coda Music, Saturday, 10 September, Time: 2 performances of approx 30 min + signing @ 1pm and 2pm.Entry Mechanic: first come first served. Maximum of 65 people per performance.