- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
- Chart star Tom Grennan to visit Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on UK tour
- Midge Ure to revisit Ultravox classics on visit to Edinburgh
- Fontaines D.C. announce interactive livestream show ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to visit Edinburgh on massive UK tour
New York indie outfit Vampire Weekend have revealed they are to release an 18-song double album – with the first two songs set to drop next week.
Frontman Ezra Koenig announced on Instagram that the band plans to release “three 2-song drops every month until the record is out,” starting next week.
In the post, Koenig wrote: “This album didn’t really take any longer to write/record than MVOTC [‘Modern Vampires Of The City’]. We just took more time on the front end to chill. I’ll admit I may have stretched out the mixing/mastering process (aka THE END) a little bit cuz spending half the day with my family & half the day at Ariel’s [Rechtshaidis – the band’s producer] my ideal life-rhythm & it’s painful to say goodbye to that rhythm.”
He continued: “Many of you have been hungry for information and we’ve given you very little. I don’t like talking abt a project while in the middle of making it. I usually regret everything I say cuz it turns out to be wrong (so disregard anything I may have said in the past 5 years.) I thought abt making a recording diary to tide over the people leaving intense comments but…to me, the album IS the recording diary…man.”