- West Lothian band The Snuts on longlist for Scottish Album of the Year Award
- Review: 9 to 5 The Musical, Edinburgh Playhouse ****
- TRNSMT 2022: The Strokes, Paolo Nutini and Lewis Capaldi announced for next summer's event
- TRNSMT 2021: Day 2 round-up
- TRNSMT 2021: Festival-goers must take Covid test before attending event in Glasgow
Warning: Contains spoilers for The Walking Dead season seven.
Hot on the heels of The Walking Dead’s epic Season 7 finale, showrunner Scott M Gimple has hinted that there could be a big time jump in Season 8.
Such a move would come as no surprise to fans of The Walking Dead comic books, which sees a leap forward in time around this stage and finds the damaged communities of Alexandria, the Hilltop, The Kingdom and The Sanctuary to have been rebuilt.
Gimple did not rule out a similar move for the hit TV series, telling the Hollywood Reporter: “For the people who read the comics, they’re going to be expecting this.
“We’re doing the book, we do all sorts of variations on it, and then we do things that are inspired by it and then we change things up with a remix. But I will say there are things that happen in that time jump that are referred to that are super interesting. And thus we might see some of that stuff.”
He added: “It might not be the same sort of jump, or we’ll do that two to five years in real time… I’ve had a general plan for a long time, and invariably when I do that, there are little things that catch and change that plan.”
Season 8 of The Walking Dead is set to premiere in October, and Gimple has promised fans of the hit zombie show that it will “melt minds”.