- Edinburgh Summer Sessions 2021: Anne-Marie joins line-up as latest headline act
- Chart star Tom Grennan to visit Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on UK tour
- Midge Ure to revisit Ultravox classics on visit to Edinburgh
- Fontaines D.C. announce interactive livestream show ahead of Edinburgh gig
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark to visit Edinburgh on massive UK tour
A new pop-up bar based on zombie drama The Walking Dead is to open in Edinburgh next month.
Hot on the heels of Blood And Wine, a Game Of Thrones-themed pop-up, comes Survive, a pub based on the hit zombie series.
Survive, the latest Edinburgh venture from The Pop-Up Geeks, will open its doors next month in the Capital at One Below, a venue beneath Belgian bar Six Degrees North.
The bar will run on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3 May, closing at the end of June.
The menu at Survive teases Walking Dead-inspired beers, spirits and cocktails in a menu created in conjunction with Six Degrees North and Drinkmonger, as well as “a selection of boilermakers inspired by key moments in the series”.
Unveiling their plans, the Pop-Up Geeks team said: “The world as we know it is gone. Nowadays, every time you step outside you risk your life.
“After weeks of scavenging we’ve stockpiled a variety of beers, spirits, cocktails and rations for survivors to enjoy.
“We’ve also put together a selection of boilermakers inspired by major moments from The Walking Dead comic book series and TV show, so that we can prepare you for what’s out there.
“This is how we survive.”
And the Pop-Up Geeks have big plans for the future, saying Survive is “just one” of their exciting pop-ups for 2017.
They added: “Our aim is to bring together drinks and entertainment to create unique and exciting experiences.”